Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's Off To Church We Go...

Today's blog isn't funny, just FYI.

Today we are going to try out a new church. When we moved out of the truck and into our first apartment I thought it was important to find a church. Robert and I were raised Catholic and we felt that it was important to give our children, then it was just Isaiah, a sense of belonging. In fact, we'd attend "Trucker's Church" when we lived in the truck. It was a 40-foot trailer that had been converted into a non-denominational worshipping center.

Personally, I like a small, quaint church. The church we went to out in Sandy is beautiful--especially in the winter. The community was small and everyone was very, very nice. I felt surrounded by extended family there. The church we're going to today is not that sort of church. It has three Sunday masses and a school! I am sort of nervous. On the other hand, it has day care and it has a children's choir. Very cute.

My hope is to find a place, near to our home, where my children can flourish and where they can learn to know a higher power. I am excited for them. I'd love Isaiah to go to the Sunday School and I would like nothing better than to volunteer in the nursery. YAY!

1 comment: