Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One Husband, Two Children, & 15 Credits! Oh my!


It is true. There have been a number of missing blogs from my "daily blog." I often wonder where the black hole with all my time is. If I find it, I'll be sure to find all the time in which I'm able to boink my husband, educate my children, shave my legs, and create a research paper that is well...researched. Alas, I have yet to find the chasm that has swallowed up my sliver of Father Time.

Lately, in the Lindsey household, the house is much messier than it usually is. The holiday season is creeping on us and soon the 11 foot Christmas tree that I squeeze into our tiny apartment will be looming over our useless fireplace. There will be pine needles, pumpkin pie, presents, and shiny glass ornaments. We'll hang stockings, and make prime rib, and we'll drink and be merry. Usually, I'm very excited about this, but this year, there is a sincere dread that has manifested itself into what seems to be the dreaded heartburn! Where will I find time to pick a tree, stuff the stockings, bake Santa's chewy cookies, and sing songs that are all jingly and crap?!

In fact, the only thing I've been singing lately are Disney songs off of youtube. And you ask, "Alicia, why the hell are you looking up Disney songs on youtube?!" The answer is simple. I have a research paper due at the end of this month about the Disney Corporation. Have you listened to the lyrics of a Disney song lately? Ursula, from, The Little Mermaid, sings to this impressionable young woman, "You've got your looks, your pretty face, and don't underestimate the power of BODY LANGUAGE! The men up there don't like a lot of blabber. They think a woman who gossips is a bore. On land its much preferred for women not to say a word. And, after all dear, what is idle blabber for? Come on they're not all that impressed with conversation. True gentlemen avoid it when they can. But they dote and swoon and fawn on a woman who's withdrawn. It's she who holds her tongue that gets her man."

What. The. Beep?! So we can see that Disney is obsessed with gender differences. They insist on keeping women quiet which is so fantastically animated when Ariel gives up her voice to get her beloved Prince Eric. Don't get me started with the racism in Pochahontas, or the seduction in Aladdin, or even the horror of losing a parent in The Lion King. And, did you know that the Disney Corporation often hires pedophiles?! That's right! So, when you're standing there with your fully charged Nikon D90 realize that your unsuspecting child is being lifted onto a pony by a sexual deviant. Know that when you're standing there, holding your two thousand dollar camera, and yelling for her to smile, a disgusting sexual predator is saddling her onto an overworked horse.

And, if you're wondering how my kids are...well two just might be enough.

2 comments:

  1. If you think the Disney version of Pocahontas is bad, just be glad they didn't recap what actually happened. =P It's funny because I always swore I'd never let me kids have any part of Disney because I didn't feel like it upheld the morals I wanted to pass onto my kids (because of a lot of what you pointed out), but I've found myself soften after actually having kids. Right now my kids are too young to understand anything that I find offensive and just see a fun movie. Later on it'll lead to great discussions to further support the way we're trying to raise them to be. In the meantime, I can just make sure I'm watching with them and letting my voice be heard about gender roles and other questionable material. They're actually no worse than fairy tales, nursery rhymes, or anything else childhood material has been based on all these years. Scary, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia you crack me up! And about the Disney thing, I completely agree. I hate Emma watching Disney channels, the shows are nothing but kids disrespecting adults of authority. Rude, self centered. Just look at Hannah Montana or Sweet Life. It's crap. And, everyone knows about the Disney whores Britney Spear type girls they produce. Nice huh! Plus when I was 18 I went to Disneyland with some girlfriends, we still joke about how Eeyore grabbed one friends butt and got seriously close to a boob. I have pictures to prove this.

    ReplyDelete